Technorati producers an annual State of the Blogosphere report which is an interesting attempt to understand whats going on in the online world. The report is extensive and fun to look at. It manages to confirm and confuse at the same time. Here is a very small sample from the 2009 State of the Blogosphere. The blogger is…
- Two-thirds are male
- More than half are married
- More than half are parents
On the the question why we blog:
- 71% say they blog at least in part in order to speak their minds.
- 72% say they blog in order to share their expertise.
- 61% say they blog in order to supplement their income.
- 42% have become friends with someone they’ve met in person through their blog.